My response? Pursue my dream (of becoming a full blown and full time crafter) sooner!
Yup, I may be crafting more now but I still have lots of regrets around that area... why?
Simply because I have been doing this for years but I never really got anywhere significant or big... but it's better late than never right? Haha. =D
- Back in Grade 3 I was already making giant paper dolls (out of long folders), hand drawn, with 10 [paper] clothes, and sold them to my classmates.
- In Grade 5, I started drawing Sailormoon, Ghost Fighter, Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2, colored them with toy make-up and sold them as stationeries.
- In High School, I made illustrations for several of my classmates for our Nihonggo project.
- In College, I had this over 3 compilations of drawings, all colored by hand, using colored Pentel permanent markers.
- On my first years at work, I started creating "Cartoon-me" caricatures.
- Succeeding years, I have been making wedding invitations, lootbags, party decorations, medals and awards at church, notecards, bookmarks, accessories, and all sorts of other hand made things.
Yup, I want to do this,
And so I've started really doing it. Where this will take me, I don't know, but I know I'll finally get somewhere. I hope and pray, everyday and every night. hahaha!
And yes, I would like to think I am finally getting somewhere. *blush*
And I thank God for the holiday season where there is an opportunity for people to appreciate my work. It motivates me, there is no turning back.
I thank God for my baby and husband who inspire and encourage and support me everyday. I already have fans!
I thank God for my team who have started wanting to do what I have been doing. May karamay na ako!
I thank God for the people who believe that I will get somewhere with this. That God made me for this. Sabi nyo yan ah, aasahan ko kayo! Haha!
I thank God for all the other crafters out there who boldly stepped out of their comfort zones, took the risk, and pursued their crafty dreams. They inspire me. They tell me I can too.
I thank God for the gift He has given me. I may not have had the courage before, but He is building up the courage in me. He tells me, "you can do this! WE can do this!"
So I meditate: "...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6