Friday, June 10, 2011

Finishing Strong

I mentioned last time I was joining the Gallery Idol 2011 contest.

After posting 2 entries both in flickr (the official entry site) and facebook, I received several nice comments and one common feedback --> they may be too simple.

Unfortunately, that's exactly "me".

I have a thing for "simple" things. Simple designs. And more often than not, monochormatic ones. Playing around with colors is a risk I've always struggled with. Experimenting with balance (e.g. mixing stripes with circles or other prints) was never my thing. But perhaps, after a while of doing these cards stuff, I'd learn and be braver to experiment next time. So do join me in waiting for that time to come. ;)

Meanwhile, enough with the introduction. Haha. :p

My blog for tonight is really about "finishing strong", not just "getting by", but overcoming head-on. These past days have been especially rough on me, and I began to realize that life is not always easy. More often than not, we encounter trials that seem really hard to bear, but the key is to always fight on and finish strong, keeping the faith that God is there, helping you.

This thought has inspired me to come up with my third Gallery Idol entry. :)

Yes, joyous occasions like weddings, birthdays, etc are worth congratulating. (And I do plan to create card entries for these later)... But tonight I wanted to congratulate people who have not always had life easy, but are fighting on, keeping the faith, and soon enough, I know will finish strong.

As 2 Timothy 4:7 says: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

So to you life-overcomers out there, here's my card!


Hand-drawn Winner Girl (since I didn't have stamps)


Colored and printed using MS Paint and Canon



Cuttlebug embossing envelope and Big Kick
Pretty pink lace and buttons
That's it for tonight. Please pray for me and do wait for more entries.

BTW, I will be out of the country from tomorrow until June 18, so I might not be able to post some updates. But I do hope you'll still be there to welcome me back. :)

Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment