Monday, November 28, 2011

Cartoon

One of my early posts on this blog was on drawing people, kind of caricature style.

But let me tell you something... before I started drawing people semi-caricature style...

"I was drawing anime(style)."

Yep, when I was in gradeschool and I fell in love with Sailormoon, Ghost Fighter (aka Yuyu Hakusho) and ultimately Ranma 1/2 that I started drawing anime characters. I started using the "grid style" of copying drawings until I've learned how to draw without grid.

Too bad I lost 3 file cases worth of anime drawings in college. I could not recall who last asked to take home my stuff, and so I no longer knew whom to ask to get them back. And as if losing my "roots" due to this incident, I've somehow stopped producing good drawn anime.

But I still would draw from time to time, depending on the mood, so here are a few of which I was able to salvage:



Then from time to time, especially whenever I get bored during training or meetings, I would draw half faces on scratch papers. I actually call them my "doodles". :P





But since everybody draws anime, and a lot draw better than I actually, I started drawing people cartoon style, my own way (no objections please!).

Disclaimer: These are meant to be "cartoon" versions of people so don't expect that they would look like the person too much. :p






That's all I'm gonna post for now.

BTW, please expect to see some of these drawings on future posts as most of them were either used in a T-shirt or invitation project. :)

And I'm off to bed. Thanks for browsing! :)

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment