I've alwasy wanted to make this card since it is really unique; but I used to be afraid I might be infringing some copyright.
However, I noticed that a lot of blogs have been doing this card and there are even a lot of tutorials in youtube... so I decided to place them in my line of products for a local invitations business I am slowly and gradually putting up. :)
So here's the sample I made. Again, materials here are either scarce or pretty costly here, so rather than using a lot of paper (or scrapbooking paper), I decided to --
- Use purchased digital papers or downloaded free ones (or create my own)
- Create layout using a computer software
- Print all at once.
In this case, I only use one paper since everything is pretty much printed. But if a client prefers that multiple papers be used to create more texture and depth, it's okay with me. I will be charging them the material cost anyway. :p
Some more disclaimers:
- This sample is printed in low quality to preserve the expensive ink of my Canon printer
- The heart background is something I just googled. So this may not be re-used commercially.
- I'm not sure exactly what this card is called, but since there are a lot of tri-fold cards out there, I entitled it Tri-fold Z Card ("z" is for zigzag because of how it appears when opened).
Feel free to tell me what you think.
And if you're interested, feel free to contact me on facebook. :)