Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tri-fold Z Card

Tongiht, I created my first Tri-fold Card which I originally saw from Wickedly Wonderful.
I've alwasy wanted to make this card since it is really unique; but I used to be afraid I might be infringing some copyright.

However, I noticed that a lot of blogs have been doing this card and there are even a lot of tutorials in youtube... so I decided to place them in my line of products for a local invitations business I am slowly and gradually putting up. :)

So here's the sample I made. Again, materials here are either scarce or pretty costly here, so rather than using a lot of paper (or scrapbooking paper), I decided to --
  1. Use purchased digital papers or downloaded free ones (or create my own)
  2. Create layout using a computer software
  3. Print all at once.

In this case, I only use one paper since everything is pretty much printed. But if a client prefers that multiple papers be used to create more texture and depth, it's okay with me. I will be charging them the material cost anyway. :p

Some more disclaimers:
  • This sample is printed in low quality to preserve the expensive ink of my Canon printer
  • The heart background is something I just googled. So this may not be re-used commercially.
  • I'm not sure exactly what this card is called, but since there are a lot of tri-fold cards out there, I entitled it Tri-fold Z Card ("z" is for zigzag because of how it appears when opened).
And here's the final output:



Feel free to tell me what you think.
And if you're interested, feel free to contact me on facebook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment