Sunday, June 10, 2012

First Make It Monday Project

Yey, I am excited! =)

Today, I finally got the courage to participate in a Make It Monday challenge (#69) from the Capture the Moment blog I have been following for a while now. :)

The topic was on using day-to-day things seen around you as a sketch inspiration for a card project. And the challenge was to use one of the sketches they provided to create a card.

I fell in love with the pot-holder-inspired sketch below, but I have to admit, I did not follow instructions faithfully. The sketch did say "single paper block cut into strips." but instead I used folded paper. :p Stubbornly, I am still submitting this though.

So, here's my shot at it:



Another guideline was to use at least one Papertrey Ink product. Here I used PTI's Block Alphabet Die Collection to spell out dana (instead of a sentiment) and the Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate to impress on the folded pink paper. :)

The rest of the materials I used are simple white and pink 200gsm papers I bought from National Bookstore, white satin lace, and Martha Stewarts Doily Lace edge punch.

I created this card as inpired by my little Dana who's coming out on Tuesday via C-section.  :) Praying and thanking God for the blessings.

Anyway, I will be taking the rest of the day and tomorrow off to rest and prepare for delivery. But I might create one or a couple more cards to submit before the deadline... as a lot of ideas are currently flying through my mind. :p

Let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment