Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Challenge, CASology!

So today, while browsing through my favorite blogs, I stumbled upon another "challenge site"... CASology.

It is actually quite refreshing for me since the challenges aim for creative cards but with SIMPLICITY, therefore allowing me to still participate despite the limited tools I have. Yay! :p

So here's my take on CASology Week 6 challenge... SCHOOL!





Whenever I think of school, I think of striving hard to excel... not only in one's studies, but later in life.

So I stamped a "Well done" image at the center of my medallion and at the bottom part of my card as red-on-red background. Added with a white string as embellishment.

Materials I used were all locally bought from National Bookstore, Manila, except for the PaperTreyInk die for the medallion (doily) at the bottom right. :)

~oOo~


Here's another card I created for the challenge but I figured it looks more like a "baby card".
But I did have the same thought in mind... "to excel." :)


So that's it. Until my next blog post! Have a great evening! :)

9 comments:

  1. I love that you showed how versatile this layout can be! What a wonderful 'school' card - very well done! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done and Very Good indeed. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creativity!! :) I like the subtle "well done" that you've stamped on the card base! Your design is wonderfully CAS and I love how you created two totally different looks with the same design! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards, both of them! I'll have to add that PTI medallion die to my wish list. Your school card with the little sweet red apple in the middle of the medallion is precious!! And it's neat that you showed us how the same layout can look completely different with some easy changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great clean and simple card - well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i am overjoyed with your positive feedback. thanks all! you've encouraged me to continue crafting and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are lovely examples of CAS... clean and simple with lots of open space. so glad you found CASology and are playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bold red card base and the way you used that doily! Thank for playing along at CAsology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interpretation of the theme - I hope you'll link up with 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-33.html

    ReplyDelete