Thursday, January 10, 2013

Paper Medals

Is it that time already!? Yes it is.

Well, it was already 6 months ago when my mother and I created awards for our Children's Church recognition program. We used a PTI doily die and gold ribbon back then. See photos here.

But this time, to reward our lovely students for their July 2012 to December 2012 performance...

I got to use one of my new toys for the first time!


EK Success Large Paper shapers.
I really really really love them! So pretty and easy to use.
Special thanks to my very good friend, YZ! As in super thanks! :)

So I headed to my laptop, drafted circular awards, randomly using images as edges, and printed them right away! I used my Circle Punch and it only took less than 10 minutes before all circles were cut:



But then I was in a pinch. I was doing things spontaneously without any design or plan in mind. Sheeesh... I do that all the time... and so I didn't know how to move forward.

So then I decided, I'm gonna use ribbons.
Then I'm gonna seal the back part with another cricle.
That would be the easy thing to do.
I'd be done with this in an hour or less.

But since I was not conent with just that, in the end I resorted to using my favorite PTI Doily Die and here's how things turned out...



I can say they're pretty simple. But hey, they were made with full of patience and love. Imagine punching out those little holes. I really should buy that punch-out tool. hahaha.

So what do you think? I just hope the little children will like them! :p




No comments:

Post a Comment