Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's a Tiny Pillow!

Tiny Pillow... in the sun... makes me feel happy... makes me feel warm... naaah!




So after my crazy attempt at creating a dove plushie, there I was, yesterday, making another polyester fiber project... a tiny pillow!

This was much simpler to do, actually --

Materials Used:
  • Patterned Fabric
  • Net cloth
  • Felt Cloth
  • Pearls
  • Needle + Thread
  • Polyester Fiber
  • Sizzix Bigshot and 3D flower die
Steps in making the heart embellishment:
  1. Using Sizzix Bigshot and 3D Flower Die, cut several pieces of felt cloth and roll them from the outer edge towards the center to turn into flower. Seal the bottom part with glue. (I'm not really good with words as I am a "visual" person myself. So to better understand what I am talking about, you may watch a video tutorial I found in youtube: How to make a flower...)
  2. Cut a heart shape from your remaining felt and stick your 3d flowers until the entire heart is filled.
  3. Cut 12-inch long and 2-inch wide Net cloth and tie it into a ribbon. Then glue the heart of flowers on top of the ribbon.
This is what you should have:



Steps to making the pillow:
1. Cut out 2 squares, equally sized, from your patterned fabric.


2. Placing the 2 fabric pieces together, pattern side facing each other, then sew around the edges of the square but leave 1 inch at the lower right side open.


3. Turn your cloth right-side up, the pattern now shown and fill the pillow with polyester fiber through the 1-inch opening.
4. When the desired fluffiness is achieved, sew the opening .
5. Then take your heart embellishment and glue it at the lower right side of the pillow.


And there you have it. Pardon me for not posting enough photos in this tutorial. I kinda tend to do things on a whim and really didn't plan on creating a tutorial for this. But tonight I decided I kinda wanted to share something on my blog, thus, this post. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really thank God for giving me the opportunity to make things like this. It really is His instrument to help me de-stress. Indeed, my God is really great! :)together

No comments:

Post a Comment