Sunday, July 7, 2013

Garden Invitations

Today's post is a follow-through on my previous post Sneak Peek: Flowers.

It is one of the invitations I created for my friend, but since the wedding is not over yet, I won't post the pages with their details.

But what I want to highlight here is how I decorated the seal of the envelope with 3D flowers to complement the invitation which was bordered roses and hydrangea, which is also the theme of their wedding and the composition of the bride's would be bouquet. :)

And here are the quick steps:

1. Using EK Success' 2.25 Scalloped Circle large puncher, I punched out the shape from light green cardstock to use as my background.

2. Using Bigshot and Sizzix 3D flowers die, I cutout pink felt and created a big pink rose with it. This is the technique I used for rolling up the flower, it's the easiest technique I found out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgAn8bvXGoY

3. I then punched out and crumpled tiny blue flowers using my Carl Craft small flower punch. Then stuck them on top of a big lump of glue for dimension to look similar to a hydrangea.

4. After that, I stuck the rose on one side (a bit closer to the center) of the green scallop, making it seem like it's surrounded by the hydrangea flowers.

5. Then I stuck the bottom side of the green scallop into the center of the envelope.

Here are the photos:








I actually want to create a video tutorial for this, would be my first if it pushes through.
That is, when I finally get the courage to actually create a video and post it on youtube.

But what I actually liked about this project is that, I had the recent CASual-Fridays challenge (CFC108) in mind. The them is to create a simple project with any material such as fabric or felt. My project comes with felt! :p

3 comments:

  1. ooh that flower is totally adorable...so sweeeet creation...love your flower...

    I am also joining the CAS-UAL Fridays, and my card is number 32 if you want to see it on my blog and I would be so happy if you could leave me some love...many thanks before and hugs...Monik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh the flower is gorgeous <3 I love the tiny paper flowers around the base of it! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is so sweet! The blue flowers look fabulous with it. I really love your idea for an envelope embellishment--it's very pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete