Sunday, December 7, 2014

Street Sign Greetings

 

I know it has been such a long time since I last updated my blog but here I am returning with hopefully more tutorials which should be fun & easy to do.

To start with...

Imagine you're at a coffee shop to meet a friend for the first time, or someone you haven't seen for a while, or someone who is having their birthday and you actually forgot to prepare something! Well do not worry. Do not panic. You can still give something simple with the things readily within your reach, with minimal cost but big impact!

Just as how I received this cute and simple token from a new crafty friend which serves as our inspiration for today's tutorial.




 
I call it the Street Sign Greetings!

And here's what you'll need:
- wooden stirrers from the condiments section
- pens which you can borrow from the cashier or barista
- tape which I am pretty sure you can borrow from the staff of the coffee shop as well
- brownie, cake or donut from the counter
- hands! Your own two hands!



 
And here are the quick simple steps:
 
1. Using your hands, carefully cut the stirrers in about 2-3 inches each.


 
 2. Using tape, adhere the sticks together to look like an antenna or street sign.


 
3. Write down your messages on the front side.




 
And it's as simple as that. You now have your street sign message and you simply need to place it on your brownie, cake or donut.
 
Simple and not costly right? But I'm sure the smile on the face of your friend will be priceless!
 
What do you think? Feel free to place your comments below.

Special thanks to my friend Tina for inspiring me to do this! :)

Enjoy and drop by again for another quick and easy tutorial! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment